Hair Loss During Pregnancy
Hair loss during pregnancy and after pregnancy is very a common issue, and some mothers, in this case, may deal with serious hair loss problems. However, they should not worry about it in any way. It is a very natural process. Hormonal imbalances are the main cause of hair loss during pregnancy. When a woman gets pregnant, there will be changes in the hormones in her body, and these changes may cause hair loss.
Hair loss during pregnancy is usually temporary and turns into normal within 6 or 10 months after birth. Some women may deal with hair loss after pregnancy, and it is again not a serious problem.
The cause of hair loss after pregnancy is also hormonal. These hormones that change during pregnancy begin to return to normal, and this also causes hair loss.
Causes of Hair Loss During Pregnancy
- Changes in estrogen hormones
- Some pills used during pregnancy
- Hormonal changes in the body after quitting birth control pills
- Irregular eating habit during and after pregnancy
- Iron deficiency during pregnancy
How to Prevent Hair Loss During Pregnancy
- Use olive oil and coconut oil to your hair, and these oils help you relax and prevent hair loss.
- Regulate your eating habits. Eat more leafy green vegetables and fruits.
- Do not use hair products that contain chemicals such as hair dyes.
- Do not comb your hair too much, since hair follicles weaken during pregnancy.
- Use cosmetic products and medications to prevent hair loss after you consult with your doctor.